Vine, Twitter’s popular video sharing app is now available for Windows Phone 8. Vine is the best way to shoot and share life in motion. Now Windows Phone users can also shoot and share GIF-like six-second videos with the Vine community. With the help of Vine app users can short, beautiful, looping videos in a simple and fun way for your friends and family to see.
The Vine app on Windows Phone is nearly identical to the versions on other platforms, with a couple of differences. The Windows Phone version of the Vine app supports exclusive features including Live Tiles and Lenses. The app lets you record using front and rear cameras, then easily preview clips, add comments, and share them to Vine, Twitter (which owns Vine), or Facebook. The videos you post on Vine appear both on your profile and on the timelines of your followers.
Features of Vine App for Windows Phone 8:
- Free, unlimited uploads
- Instantly post videos on Vine, then share to Twitter and Facebook
- Find, follow, and interact with people close to you
- Explore trending posts, featured hashtags and editor’s picks
- Pin favorite Vine accounts and channels to your home screen
- Connect to Vine from within camera mode
- Pin the Vine camera to your home screen and launch with one tap
Vine was first released on iOS in January of this year, and eventually launched for Android in June. In August, Vine announced that it had reached 40 million users.